Private Equity has steadily grown into a major asset class, now accounting for almost 15% of M&A activity globally.
In the last few years global private equity investors have on average invested in 3,500 companies annually with a total deal value of about USD500 billion per year. They create value for their investors by:
- Originating deals in companies with an untapped potential.
- Supporting value creation over the investment period through “smart capital” and active ownership contributions.
- Finding exit opportunities that reflect the value created over a successful holding period.
As a result of the industry’s success and the general increase in access to investment funds, private equity activity has grown substantially. However, the competition is fierce – both to attract funds and to finding the right companies to invest in.
Arkwright has over the last decade worked with some of the most prominent private equity firms; both national champions and global firms – ranging from small/ mid to large cap in fund size.
We add value in their investment process by:
Finding attractive deal opportunities through deal screening and sector analysis.
- Commercial & strategic due diligence when the deal is in play typically with in-depth advice of market & competitive dynamics and value creation plans.
- Supporting the portfolio companies with their growth plans through strategy planning, add-on acquisitions and to improve operational performance.
Preparing for exit by helping management with their business plan and demonstrate further value potential for the next buyer